Currently under development, our main range of products are all based on our Nexus Family project. Designed to be a completely modular system for running both web based and offline software, you can
fit the modules together in any combination to fulfil your needs. The core and common modules form the basis of all Nexus products and as such do not offer much
functionality by themselves. On top of those modules, as well as our CMS known as the Modular Site Management System (MSMS) our main products are built. Currently these are Nexus Panel, which is a complete web hosting control panel, as well as
NexusBill and NxCart which are for billing and running online stores respectively (both of these also work in Nexus Panel to include a full billing and shopping system inside the control panel).
We plan to start running some of our public services through Nexus Family products in late 2015 / early 2016 and then expand the services that they cover over time until the public release of the software. This area of our website will be
greatly expanded over time as we get closer to release. For the moment, it only includes basic information on the products.
Our download area includes a directory of Nexus Family downloads, including all the installers and individual module downloads for advanced users, however most of these are not publically available yet. Some will become available to private beta testers
in late 2015 and will be released to the public over time. For information on current and future beta testing, please see our beta testing page.
Nexus Core & Common Modules
The Nexus Core Library is used by all Nexus products and includes the basic code required to run the software, including the communications code and user framework. On top of this, the common modules each add one important piece of functionality to be used by products. These include (only the main ones are listed):
- Nexus Database Library: The database library provides an abstraction layer for using different database management systems. Available drivers include SQL Server, SQL Server Compact Edition and MySql. More drivers can be written by any developer to expand the products supported.
- Nexus File Transfer Library: Used to transfer files (small or large) between Nexus nodes located in different locations.
- Nexus Script: A full compiled scripting language that can be used to write scripts for managing Nexus products, or allowing users to script what happens on events that they control. Commonly used with the templating library to provide a language for writing the template code in.
- Nexus Templating: Based on Nexus Script, the templating library is used to template the look of many Nexus products with full compilation and caching for performance. Can use the full scripting language to provide many advanced features.
- Nexus Messaging Library: Sends messages to users via various methods. Examples of the providers available are one for sending e-mails via SMTP, one for sending Twitter Messages, various SMS messaging providers and an internal message system. Can be used with the templating library to send messages that are produced from templates.
- Nexus Scheduler: Schedule tasks to occur on a regular basis, including a regular number of minutes or hours, at the same time each day or only on certain days.
- Omega2 Library: The file format used for distributing Nexus modules.
- Nexus Central: The main user database system used for Nexus products (although not the only one, as Nexus supports custom providers for the user framework).
A fully modular web hosting control panel, Nexus Panel allows small and large companies to run their hosting networks. Including support for shared hosting, reseller hosting, virtual and dedicated servers, domain registrations, SSL certificates as well as supporting products including web servers, mail servers, statistics software, database management systems, DNS servers, FTP servers and different forms of storage. All of these are modules, so that you can use as many or as few as you need and write your own through .Net code to support any product that you might need, even if it is not available to the public. More details on Nexus Panel will be coming soon!
Our full billing system is for invoicing customers and receiving payments. As with all Nexus Family software, it is fully modular so that you can add support for the payment providers that you need. The modules for Nexus Bill fully integrate with Nexus Panel to provide a full billing system inside the control panel.
Our shopping cart system sits on top of Nexus Bill to allow for customers to make purchases automatically online. Fully integrates into Nexus Panel along with Nexus Bill so that customers can purchase hosting services from within their control panel and make the payments, all without leaving the one integrated interface.
Modular Site Management System (MSMS)
Powering all of our web based products, MSMS is the CMS for Nexus Family. It is fully templated, using the Nexus Templating system and runs the web user interface for Nexus Panel, Nexus Bill and NxCart. By itself it can run websites of all types. The website that you are visiting right now is powered by MSMS and the Nexus Family products!